Jun 13, 2008

Process III - Ablauf III








This time I enjoyed working with the holes. I want them to be the fruits of a tree in this magic forest. It is a fantasy place. Not just for the story but for the emboidery. It is a story for stitchers. It is exuberant, has an outsider look and triggers my imagination. What is this little person doing in the middle of all this? The story comes later, it grows with every stitch. It will grow around this scene in a crazy way.

Dieses Mal habe ich genossen, an diese Löcher zu arbeiten. Sie werden die Früchte des Baumes vom Zauberwald. Es ist ein Platz in meiner Fantasie. Fantasie für die Geschichte und für das Sticken. Es ist eine Geschichte für Sticker. Es ist üppig, hat ein Außenseiterlook und beflügelt meine Imagination. Was macht dieser kleine Mensch in der Mitte von alledem? Die Geschichte kommt später, wächst mit jedem Stich. Sie wird rund um diese Szene wild wachsen.

The crazy birds come next. I can't deny that the dodos of The Tale of How keep coming into my mind.

Die verrückten Vögel kommen als Nächstes. Ich kann nicht abstreiten, dass die Dodos von der Geschichte vom Wie mich immer wieder in den Sinn kommen.

At this moment I have many birds in my mind, there is a couple of birds building a nest in a hole of the outer wall of the studio. You can see it in this picture:

Gerade jetzt sind Vogel ein Thema für mich, weil ein Paar von ihnen bauen einen Nest in einem Loch in der Aussenwand meines Studios:




They find the straw bales inside very comfy and carry all the threads they find outside ( I throw always the thread waste around when I sit on the terrace for them to find) to the inside of the wall. I always hear some scratching inside when they are working. I like that.

Sie fühlen sich mitten in den Strohballen puddelwohl und sammeln alle Fäden, die ich beim Nähen auf der Terrasse fallen lasse, um ihren Nest auszustatten. Ich höre immer ein Kratzen im Inneren der Wand wenn sie daran arbeiten. Ich mag das.

Birds are a theme at the moment. We also got a heap of ducks from a friend because he has cows and an agricultural inspector from the EC didn't allow him to have ducks running all around the farm (where are we heading to????? no ducks running around in a farm?). Well, because we don't keep any cows we are allowed to see ducks running, and hens, and sheep... I rather have a magic forest or magic fields outside.

Vögel sind ein Thema bei uns gerade. Wir haben eine Gruppe Enten von einem Freund geerbt, die von einem EU-Landwirtschaftskontrolleur beanstandet wurden, da er auch Kühe im Stall sind. Die Enten durften nicht im Hof herumrennen (wo gehen wir eigentlich hin??? kein Federvieh in einem Bauernhof, das vergnügt herumrennt?)- Da wir aber keine Kühe halten, dürfen bei uns Enten, Hühner und Schafe herumrennen... Ich mag lieber einen Zauberwald oder -Wiese draussen haben.

7 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing your process and the pictures of your work. I love this piece! The little embroidered holes almost look to me as footsteps of fairy slippers in this magical fantasy place. It makes my day!
    Benedicte

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful Sara. I like the colours and textures. And I would love to be able to touch the piece!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes at first I thought the same thing Benedicte Little slippers little socks , little footprints
    It's a lovely piece Sara
    I love birds too

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those little holes are fantastic! I love them and the little stitches...and now I am wondering...are you writing a BOOK on the Embellisher??? I will buy one..if you do...(OR swap!)
    love all your new stuff!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am loving following along with your process/progess with this. I always wonder what I will see when I stop for a visit here and I am always blown away with what you do. I, too, having been wondering for sometime now whether you are working on a book or if you might even do an instructional DVD. I would definitely buy it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the little pieces of fabric that are becoming the fruits in the magic forest.
    It is lovely following the progress of this piece via your blog - thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow I love this one so much!
    The green is just so lush!
    Wonderful
    CX

    ReplyDelete