Nov 21, 2007

Time flies - Zeit fliegt




Are you like me and have this feeling before Christmas? Time before Christmas -even if you're not a declared Christian- has something fugitive. There is these expectation in the air, and these "I cannot ........ before Christmas, I have no time".

But actually time flies all year, even now I' m doing carpool and taking care of grandchildren from time to time...

This inspired me to do this piece. The little lady carries her pensum with her like a cloud (I put a clock face on it!).

The felt is made by me with several sorts of merino and mountain sheep wool.

It's not a doll but it's meant to be framed in a shadow box like the one with the planet. It's about 8"x7" (20x17cm). It looks great when the "cloud" pops out over the passe-partout.

Zeit fliegt, nicht nur vor Weihnachten. Ich muss sogar noch auf Kinder aufpassen und spiele manchmal Chauffeur!!...

Dies inspirierte mich dieses Stück zu machen. Die kleine Dame trägt ihr Pensum mit ihr in Form einer Wolke.

Der Filz ist selbstgemacht und aus Merino- und Bergschafwolle.

Es ist keine Puppe aber zum Einrahmen gemeint. Man kann einen tiefen Rahmen verwenden.
Es ist ca. 20x17cm. Ich biete es in Etsy an. Es schaut besonders gut aus, wenn man es
so einrahmt, dass die "Wolke" auf dem Passepartout zu liegen kommt!.

9 comments:

  1. Genial, liebe Sara, ich habe deinen blog ja als Startbild bei firefox und so entgeht mir nichts von deinen Schätzen, die du zeigst, gefällt mir supergut!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She really expresses the time flying by. Even without the label, it is what I saw in her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this one; it reminds me of those old fashioned children's toys on wheels with a string to pull them, but with a current message.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a fabulous piece Sara. Love the colors and the hand embroidery is perfect on there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your work so much! So interesting, inspired and wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This one especially makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete