Jul 19, 2007

Chasuble and colors

As I told you, I was asked to do a chasuble for our parson and it must be a colorful one. He loves colors. I have to do the middle piece and the main color is going to be green.

I couldn't resist to put this photos in the blog... Just to show the colors I am using, the silks and the golds...

I also put a picture of one of the different backgrounds I'm sewing.

I worked on them with the embellisher and I'm doing machine stitching over nylon hankies on top of the silks. I hope he's not going to get too near the candles of the First Communion children... I couldn't think of another technique to subdue the silks and gold fabrics. These disintegrate in my hands. I just didn't want to use traditional quilting because I wanted to work free of grids and patterns...











I couldn't resist to put this photos in the blog... Just to show the colors I am using, the silks and the golds...

I also put one of one of the different backgrounds I'm using.

5 comments:

  1. great color...really bright for you...something different.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see the final piece. I just love the colour combinations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love your work.. it is truly joyfull.... the colour beautiful happy days margie

    ReplyDelete
  4. dear sara, i'm really thrilled to see the result ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooooh, gorgeous! even in process.

    ReplyDelete