Jun 10, 2007

First workshop at my studio!

Today was the last day of the weekend workshop at my studio.

We had great fun with the embellisher! The three ladies had never worked with the machine before (one of them even opened the package with her new machine at the studio!)

This one was done by the lady who only tried the embellisher once at home:



This one was done by the lady who doesn't have an embellisher and used mine:





...and this one was done by the lady who unpacked the brand new machine at the studio!:



They did great job and I could even finish a piece I did demonstrating the possibilities of the embellisher. It is about 20"x15".




I must say that all three ladies do great art quilts too! now they have found a new way to put their ideas into fabric (and wool! :-))!

12 comments:

  1. Hallo Sara, I had a great weekend with you in your wonderful studio. It will take time to digest all the impressions. Hope to see you soon for new lessons !
    Thanks and best regards Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you, claudia, now in english! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice! Where can I find out more about this "embellisher" I"ve been hearing about??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now wouldn't I loved to have been at that workshop!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dianne, would be worth to come from Australia to Austria just to see Sara's marvelous quiltart and her unique studio

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is all wonderful, I wish I were there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It must have been a really nice day! beautiful pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that piece in the last photo. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The ladies all did a marvelous job. I really like Claudia's piece and Sara I absolutely love yours.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My friend Sally (Grumpy Shopkeeper) gave me your blog link and it has excited me beyond words!! You are so very talented, it's sheer pleasure to look at your pieces. I got my embellisher just yesterday but it's so encouraging to see what rank beginners are capable of - stunning. I'm going to add you to my fav. links. Evie

    ReplyDelete
  11. thank you for your comments, and evie, i love the art of sally so much! you get to your embellisher and you'll see -after all i saw in your blog- that you will do wonders with it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this one! Have you sold it? Is it for sale? If yes, how much??? Its wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete